Section for Anesthesia Research
Research and development within anesthesia profession and medical surveillance
• Ansthesia and monitoring of patients treated at The Intervention Centre
• Ansthesia and monitoring of reserarch animals treated at The Intervention Centre
• Education in new anesthesia- and monitoring techiques for employees at Oslo University Hospital and other health institutions in Norway
• Mentoring and supervision of students, master students, PhD fellows and PostDoc's
Strengthen the collaboration with regional, national and international research groups, initiate one EU project and initate one international mulit-center study
• World class research and development in meidcal monitoring
• Actively contribute to improved quality in experimental and clinical research: at least 25% of publications in Level 2 journals
• Produce 4 PhD annually
• Have a highly qualified staff on all levels to ensure safe operations and high quality research
• Improve the multi-professional research at THe Intervention Centre by increasing of the number of joint projects
Section for Clinical Research
Research and development in minimally invasive surgery at The Intervetiontion Centre's facilities
• Development and education in new tehniques at Oslo University Hospital, other institutions in Norway and internationally
• Centralize and perform minimally invasive treatment on small patient groups with low volumes elewhere
• Perform collaboration in minimally invasive treatment for patient groups that require crossdisciplinary collaboration and the unique infrastructure found at The Intervention Centre. Examples: laparoscopic HPB suregry, lapaaroscopic endocrine surgery, laparoscopic endometriosis surgery, lapasoscopic spine surgery
• Clinicl R&D project in all medical domains
• Mentoring and supervision of master students, PhD's and PostDocs
• Research network and acces to key opinion leaders at Oslo University Hospital, nationally and internationally
• Own reserach groups
Main activities are minimally invasive treatmenst within all surgical domains
• Be in front nationally and internationally in minimally invasive treatment research and development
• Initiate and contribute in minimally invasive research projects
• Promote education at local, national and international level
• Stimulate crossdisciplinary practice across professions and specialities
• Contribute to improved quality in experimental and clinical research
• Contribute to increased innovation and secure intellectual property: produce 7 DOFI's and 2 patents everey 5 year periode
• Take part in EU-projects
• Develop new methods with new DRG's
• 5 new PhD's and 3 PostDoc's every 5 year preiode
• 70 papers with 35% in Level 2 every 5 year periode
Section for Radiology Research
Support research and development in radiology guided methods at the The Intervention Centre's facilities
• Radiological assessment of patients treated at The Intervention Centre
• Radiological assessment of research animals treated at The Intervention Centre
• Development and education i new techniques at Oslo University Hospital and other hospitals in Norway
Be in front nationally and internationally in research and development of image guided therapy
• Strenghten collaboration with regional, national and international : initiate and run at least one international multi-center study
• Improve quality in experimental and clinical research, produce 40 papers in 5 year periode, where 30% are Level 2
• Contribute to icreased innovation and secure intellectual property, produce DOFI's, PhD's and new methods
• Have close professional collaoration with Department of Radiology at Oslo University Hospital. Have a staff with competence to perform image guided research and therapy in a safe manner
Section for Medical Cybernetics and Image Processing
Research and publications
• Innovation in medical technology and clinical applications
• Develop technological solutions, prototypes and demonstrators
• Intellectual property
• Crossdisciplinary expertize in technology
• Supervision of students and fellows
• Support operations requiring the section's technology and competence
The section will be at the forefront nationally and internationally in research and development of technological solutions for patient monitoring and new treatment methods, including minimally invasive and image-guided treatment. The section will actively contribute to increasing innovation within medical technology and securing intellectual property. At least 5 DOFIs during the period.
• During the period, the section aims to research and develop new technology, new methods and algorithms in areas related to the following:
o Medical imaging and navigation.
o Robotic surgery and automation of services within health care. o Medical sensors and advanced interpretation of multiple sensor data, such as decision support systems.
o Advanced biomechanical modeling of organs for prediction and decision support.
o Develop patient-specific organ models in, among other things, new methods within 3D printing.
o Develop prototypes/demonstrators to be used in training, decision support and for preclinical and clinical validation.
• The section will maintain a high interdisciplinary level and will strive to have sufficient staff with the necessary professional range across various technological disciplines.
• The section will stimulate employees to hold secondary, academic positions outside the hospital.
• The section will continue and further develop the collaboration with national and international research environments and industry. At least three international and three national projects.
• The section will initiate national and international research projects, and will be active both as a coordinator of and partner in EU projects.
• At all times, the section will have sufficient staffing and competence to be able to assist in various projects initiated by other environments and contribute to a seamless collaboration between technologists and clinicians.
• The section will contribute with necessary technological staffing and competence to be able to participate in the interdisciplinary projects at the Intervention Center and support patient treatment where this is necessary.
Section for Information and Communication Technology
• Research and publication
• Innovation in medical signal processing and communication technology
• Development of technological solutions, prototypes and demonstrators
• Intellectual property
• Interdisciplinary expertise within signal processing and communication technology
• Supervision of students and Doctoral Research Fellows
• SIKT will be at the forefront nationally and internationally in research and development of medical signal processing and communication technology, and will be able to provide advice on operations and procurement projects at the Centre.
• SIKT will lead advanced research projects at the forefront of international research.
• SIKT will develop technological solutions for patient monitoring and new treatment methods, including minimally invasive and image-guided treatment.
• SIKT will stimulate employees to hold secondary, academic positions outside the hospital.
• At all times, SIKT will have sufficient staffing and competence to be able to assist various projects initiated by other environments and contribute to a seamless collaboration between technologists and clinicians.
• SIKT will contribute with the necessary technological staffing and competence to be able to participate in the interdisciplinary projects at the Intervention Centre and support patient treatment where this is necessary.
• SIKT will have the following target areas during the period: o Develop new medical sensors based on bionanotechnologies (bionanoelectronics).
o Develop communication and computational systems based on biological organisms, such as molecules, cells and organs, which can communicate with the Internet and cloud services for storing and processing of large amounts of data.
o Develop new algorithms for the processing and understanding of complex, large amounts of data from sensors, genetic materials, medical records, test results, images etc., with regard to high precision diagnostics, treatment and follow-up.
o Perform research and development from basic research in the form of new theories, mathematical modeling, computer-assisted simulations, and prototype development to preclinical testing and validation – “from bench to bedside”.